Children face headaches due to common problems like intake processed food and sugar or dehydration. Often too much intake of Junk food which is high in chemicals and sodium also leads to headaches. The other reasons being dehydration, vision problems and lack of sleep. These tips can prove helpful in avoiding headaches in children.
Tips to avoid headaches in children:
1. Eat clean and green.
2. Add protein to your child’s food in the form of eggs, non- veg, paneer, lentils, legumes and curd.
3. Add saturated fats like ghee and cheese.
4. Avoid dehydration by giving refreshing drinks like coconut water or jaljeera.
5. Avoid too much fruit juices or cold drinks. Encourage the child to have lots of water.
6. Avoid the health drinks, instead give natural protein or good quality protein supplements.
7. No fried food.
8. Include almonds and walnuts to the diet
9. Stay away from processed flour – maida.
10. Check the eyesight from time to time.
11. Encourage the child to exercise.
12. Sleep is very important and at least for 7-8 hours
13. Last but not the least, stop the use of refined oils and only use ghee as a cooking medium.
14. Make sure they drink lots of water.
15. Keep a tab on their screen time. Too much time in front of a screen also many a times results to fatigue.
If you take care your children may not be in pain at all. And even if they are in pain at least you can help them get past it and not aggravate it by eating wrong diet. Nutrition plays an important role in our health. Take care and stay healthy!
Nutritionist. Founder of Mind & Body Wellness Clinic. Marathon Runner.